Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Loving the Democrat; Hating the Democratic National Party

I hate the DNC; but most of my family, friends and almost everyone with whom I work are Democrats! What a dilemma! How do I handle this?

When I say I hate the Democratic Party, I mean I loathe, despise, abhor, renounce, scorn, detest it! This is not just a feeling or emotion; with my intellect, will, passions, spirit, all my energies and powers I hate it. This disgust is personal, passionate, perpetual. I was raised to respect and trust this party; so the betrayal that occurred around 1970 with the sexual revolution and abortion is very particular for me. Imagine how women feel about bedbugs! How Jews feel about Nazis or Afro-Americans about the KKK! How we all feel about sexual abuse of children! How the embryo feels towards her abortionist! That is what I am talking about! For me, just about 1970 the Democratic Party became, essentially and structurally, an embodiment of hell on earth! It is as if my very best friend seduced my wife and raped my daughters.

And so, I see that otherwise intelligent, decent, well-meaning people...admirable in almost every way...are overcome by a (virtually) invincible ignorance as they collaborate with the genocide of the unborn and other types of "unworthy" human life.  How does this happen?

I am aided by the words of Jesus from the cross: "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do." "...they know not what they do." St. Paul reflected about the disbelief of the Jews, which grieved him greatly, and wondered that God in his Providence had allowed a darkness, a cloud of unknowing and disbelief, to descend upon them, in order to carry out his greater plan of saving the gentiles and eventually the Jews and all the nations.

With regard to evil in its many forms, there seems oftentimes to be more ignorance than ill-will. Those who vote habitually, faithfully for the DNC are not subjectively conscious of participation in the massacre of the innocent and unborn; they feel righteous as they support gun control or a stronger safety net or medicare for all. Indeed, they probably view me as deficient in my moral judgement. We mirror each other in our mutual moral disapproval!

I have another, lesser problem: a contrasting, smaller group of family and friends support and vote for Donald Trump, a lesser evil (in my view) but morally repulsive for a host of reasons. So, in 2019 I feel like a German in the 1930s: almost half the community are Nazis, almost as many Communistes!

It is discouraging and disheartening! The world truly appears to be in the hands of the Evil One! I can only cling, all the more fiercely and gratefully, to my Savior and his Church!

No comments: