Friday, September 22, 2023

A Morning Prayer: Draw Me To Yourself, Lord

Draw me to yourself, Lord, fill me with your love.

Draw me to yourself; cleanse me of my sin; pour your blood upon me; make me pure, holy and good.

Draw me to your self in the Eucharist, your gracious act, your perpetual presence, the communion in holiness of the saints, the Body of Christ, the Church.

Draw me to yourself in my marriage; teach me to love Mary Lynn; make me tender, humble, patient, serene, appreciative, reverent, grateful and generous.

Draw me to yourself in my family, work, friendships, relationships, loves and longings.

I am sinful, give me your mercy; I am sick, give me your healing; I am shameful, give me your dignity; I am anxious, give me your peace; I am tired, give me your rest; I am weak, give me your strength; I am lonely, give me your love.

Let my longing, my weakness, my sadness....draw me to you; and draw you to me.

Preserve my heart in purity, patience, perserverance, and peace.

Seal and secure my heart in you love.

Revive, defend, enhance my innocence.

Sanctify me by the indwelling of your Holy Spirit. (Making sign of cross.)

Strengthen me with your beautiful strength.

Make me humble, holy, loving and pure.

Make me quiet, still, calm, attentive, alert, watchful and vigilant.

Make me receptive, docile, pliable, "disponible", responsive, obedient and grateful.

Make me patient, painstaking, longsuffering, persistent and perservering. 

Make me sensitive, compassionate, kind, generous, tender, merciful;

Magnanimous, joyous, zealous, fierce and fearless.

Make me steadfast, wise and prudent in all things, strong but gentle, tender and reverent with my wife.

Make me trustworthy, as I place all my trust in you. 

Inflame me with love for you; and let that fire consume what is not of you, and purify all my loves.

Let me sing your praises, that I might be forever the praise of your Glory!

  




No comments: